What is it that you’re hoping to accomplish in landscaping your property line? Once you answer that over-arching question, many of the details will fall into place (with a little aid from the ideas I present here). As you’ll see from reading the information below, deciding on how to landscape a boundary largely comes down to sifting through your various options.
- Wooden fencing – The white picket fence is a classic look, but there are many other wooden fencing options, as well.
- Chain-link fencing – This is not as aesthetically pleasing, but it is still a very popular option due to its price and strength.
- Stone wall – Stone is perhaps the oldest building material. It has a timeless quality of style and permanence. Stone walls can be a bit pricy, but they’re well worth it.
- Vegetable garden – Many people are getting back into vegetable gardening. It’s a fun hobby, and raised beds are a great way to line your property line.
- Flower garden – Having a well-maintained flower garden along your property boundary is not something your neighbor is likely to complain about. They are beautiful, classy, colorful, and fun to care for.
- A path or driveway – Long driveways make good property markers, especially out in the country. A stone or brick path can also run the length of a property line.
- Structures – A shed can be a good marker of the precise corner of a property. It will create a line of sight in both directions where the edge can be easily seen. Gazebos and pergolas are other structures that may work, depending on the context.
- Hedges – A tall hedge is an excellent way to create a natural barrier between properties. They take some upkeep and trimming, but are sturdy and there are many varieties of shrub or bush that can be used.
- Ornamental grasses – Similarly, certain tall grasses create a natural look. These are not as sturdy as a hedge, but they provide a unique and elegant look.
- Tree line – Trees are not usually as efficient in forming a wall, like a hedge might be, but they are often used to show the property boundary. Having a line of identical trees evenly spaced is an impressive statement.
If you’d like to give your property lines a new look, contact us today and we can find the right option for you!